– Advertisement – – Advertisement – Suarez is the latest high-profile player to test positive for the virus while on international duty, after Liverpool forward Mo Salah contracted the infection last week.Cristiano Ronaldo was also forced to miss several games for Juventus after he tested positive while representing Portugal last month. – Advertisement – Sky Sports Scores just got faster and has free Premier League goals. We hope you like using the app more than Suzie! 0:27 Atletico Madrid striker Luis Suarez has tested positive for coronavirus while on international duty with Uruguay and will now miss out on a reunion with former club Barcelona on Saturday. Suarez, who scored a penalty in Uruguay’s 3-0 win over Colombia on Friday, will also miss the World Cup qualifier against Brazil on Tuesday.- Advertisement – Uruguay confirmed stand-in goalkeeper Rodrigo Munoz and a member of staff had also returned positive tests, with all three said to be in good health and adhering to self-isolation guidelines.Suarez is Atletico’s joint-top scorer this season alongside Joao Felix, with five goals in six games since his transfer from Barcelona for £5.5m in September.The 33-year-old, who scored 198 goals in a six-year stay at the Catalan club, had one year to run on his contract, but was told by new head coach Ronald Koeman that he was not part of his plans to the dismay of Lionel Messi.
GREG DIXON/Herald file photoIn its second Big Ten game, the UW men’s soccer team hopes to record its first conference victory against the Wolverines.After a heartbreaking defeat to Indiana last weekend, Wisconsin hopes to get back on track Saturday at the McClimon Soccer Complex. The The Wolverines (5-2-1) will be playing their first Big Ten game this season.Heading into the match, the Badgers appear to be slipping a bit after a 4-0-1 start to the season. After a 1-0 loss to Binghamton, the Badgers lost 3-2 to the Hoosiers last Sunday, giving up a goal in the 94th minute of play. But despite the heartbreaking loss, head coach Jeff Rohrman is still pleased with how his squad is playing.“I was pleased with the effort and the grit that our guys showed,” Rohrman said. “If we can bring that on Saturday against Michigan, we’re going to have a pretty good day.”Saturday’s game will not be an easy one for the Badgers. In addition to recording two shutouts on the season, including their last game against Oakland, the Wolverines also bring one of the Big Ten’s best offenses. Led by Mauro Fuzetti, Jake Stacy and Perica Marosevic, the Wolverines have tallied 22 points in the eight games thus far. Against Detroit, Fuzetti recorded a hat trick en route to a 5-0 rout of the Titans.After giving up three goals against Indiana, the Badgers know they will have to shut down Michigan’s powerful trio to come out on top. “We’re going to have to just try to contain them and minimize their looks,” Rohrman said. “If we’re straight up and honest with our defending and can catch those guys in the right spots, I think we’re going to be just fine.”If Wisconsin has trouble stopping the Wolverines’ attack, they will have to rely on some help from the team’s offense. The offense is usually led by senior forward Victor Diaz and junior striker Pablo Delgado, but the Badgers have received major contributions from some unheralded players recently. When Diaz, the leading scorer on the team thus far, failed to record a point against the Hoosiers, teammates Taylor Waspi and Scott Lorenz both recorded goals for UW last Saturday.The offense, according to Rohrman, appears to be on track.“I thought we scored some great goals, and I thought we created some chances,” Rohrman said. “I think they felt decent about the effort and the fact that we did do some good things.”The contest against the Wolverines should give a further indication of the progression of the offense. After failing to score against Binghamton in a 1-0 loss, the team’s offense appears to be in good form heading into Saturday’s matchup.“They feel pretty good overall, but at the same time they’re ready to rebound against Michigan,” Rohrman said. “Hopefully we can get our first victory.”Despite coming up short against IU last weekend, there were some positives to be taken from the defeat. After being down 1-0 and 2-1, the Badgers quickly scored both times to even up the score. Playing their best in the face of adversity can only be an asset to the Badgers in the midst of their first losing streak of the season.“When we are down, I think it’s a reflection of the maturity and experience we have,” Rohrman said. “They didn’t get very rattled, which is a good sign.”
Legendary BiH coach, Ivica Osim in an interview to Dnevni Avaz said that he is optimistic concerning BiH qualification to World Cup after the victory over Greece.He said that BiH players, in the match against Greece, looked very serious, and that they had excellent defence which did not allow Greece to have a fair chance to shoot at the goal, and they are a good team, former European Champion.Osim noted that BiH is currently the best team of former Yugoslavia, and that BiH has world class players in all positions (Begović, Spahić, Pjanić and Džeko).
Alexis Sara Cobb may be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (724) 561-8082 Follow her on Twitter: @alexissara Alexis CobbThe upcoming University of Pittsburgh Panthers football season is starting and it should be interesting to see how Pitt fairs this year. Last year, Pitt produced well enough to go to a Bowl game against MQD Champion, Bowling Green and rather than their customary loss, they actually won the game. Of course, it didn’t hurt that they had defensive juggernaut, unanimous All-American, Aaron Donald, the 2014 first-round pick of the St. Louis Rams playing for them.This year the Panthers shouldn’t have too much of a problem winning games in the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC). Granted, they are a young team with some significant pieces to replace but Pitt has a relatively manageable conference schedule. Think about it, the ACC has some extraordinarily formidable teams in their conference. These teams include defending national champions Florida State, Clemson, and Louisville. Do the Pittsburgh Panthers have to play any of those powerhouses? Absolutely not. Whoever put together the Panthers’ conference play schedule should have a small monument built for them.Although two of Pitt’s first three games are away games, the Panthers will play Iowa, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Duke and Syracuse all at home. Those are some good teams but if Pitt plays up to their potential, they could easily win every last one of them. For the record, they won’t win against each team but if the Panthers continue to buy into head coach, Paul Chryst’s winning mentality, the Panthers will be fully capable of doing so.The Panthers open their season against the University of Delaware’s Blue Hens, a member of the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS), on Aug. 30, 2014. The game will be played at Heinz Field at 12:00 pm. This is the first time that these two schools are meeting at a collegiate football level. Hopefully, the Panthers won’t take Delaware’s Fightin Blue Hens for granted.When University of Delaware’s head coach K.C. Keeler was asked about playing against University of Pittsburgh’s football program, he stated, “We are excited to have the opportunity to play a program that annually ranks among the nation’s best,” He then said, “Our schedule is consistently ranked among the toughest at our level of football, and playing a team the caliber of Pitt only enhances that. I know that our players and our fans will be excited, as well.”It will be up to the Pittsburgh Panthers to erase the Blue Hens excitement and make them green with envy. It should be an enjoyable nonconference match up for Pittsburgh to work out their kinks before heading into conference play.(Two Sources for this story was ESPN.com and College Sports Network)
The MPA’s findings were based on analysis of Nielsen Online-supported data collected from 476 online consumer magazine brands. Consumer magazine Web sites saw traffic grow 11.1 percent in the fourth quarter of 2008 compared to the same period in 2007, the Magazine Publishers of America said during its annual Magazines 24/7 event today in New York. On average, 75 million monthly unique visitors logged onto consumer magazine sites during the fourth quarter, up from 67.5 million during the same period in 2007. Visitors also spent a third more time on magazine sites, the MPA said, averaging 2.4 billion minutes per month—a 34.4 percent increase from 1.78 billion minutes during the same period the prior year.While traffic numbers are growing for magazine Web sites, there have been indicators that there is still a major disconnect for print readers and the Web, according to the results of a consumer survey from PR shop The Rosen Group. While nearly 80 percent of respondents indicated that they subscribe to magazines, just 7 percent said they seek out the Web sites for the magazines they subscribe to.The Rosen Group polled 316 respondents, ages 12-75, online from February 18 to 23.
The supposed “Momo Challenge” made headlines recently, with representatives of YouTube saying the company has seen no recent evidence of videos promoting harmful and dangerous challenges on its site.But when stories about the alleged challenge made headlines, they were almost always accompanied by an unnerving image of a dark-haired creature with enormous eyes and a huge mouth. Now the artist who created that sculpture says he’s destroyed the creation. The Sun gives the artist’s name as Keisuke Aiso, but the original gallery link lists it as Keisuke Aisawa.The artist confirmed to The Sun that he was inspired by the Japanese legend of Ubume, a woman who dies in childbirth and returns in changed form to haunt the living.Only one eye remains of the rubber model, and he plans to recycle that eye in another work.”(The sculpture) doesn’t exist anymore, it was never meant to last,” he told The Sun. “It was rotten and I threw it away.”The supposed Momo Challenge reportedly originated on the WhatsApp messaging platform in 2018, and recently there were reports it had resurfaced on YouTube in the UK, allegedly hidden inside videos that appeal to kids. Aiso’s creature is supposedly shown as the face of a character named Momo who issues a series of challenges, including harming themselves and others. Although UK police and schools issued warnings about the challenge, YouTube said it has no evidence the challenge has been hidden in videos.Aiso said he intended the character to be scary but never intended it should be used to hurt anyone.”It is a ghoul, about the death of a woman in childbirth, in a way its reason for being is to scare children, but it wasn’t supposed to be used in the way it has,” he said. “It was never meant to be used to make children harm themselves or cause any physical harm.”He also said the creation was rotting and “looked even more terrifying” when he threw it out, and that he’s received threatening messages from those who think he was somehow involved in the challenge.”I have no regrets that it is gone,” he said. Japanese sculptor Keisuke Aiso didn’t respond to CNET’s request for comment, but the artist told British tabloid newspaper The Sun he’s thrown out the artwork.”The children can be reassured Momo is dead,” he told The Sun. “She doesn’t exist and the curse is gone.”The original sculpture, called Mother Bird, shows a human-style head with long dark hair spread sparsely over the creature’s forehead, enormous round eyes, an oversized mouth and a flattened nose. The naked creature has the feet of a bird and not much of a torso. It was built in 2016 and displayed at Vanilla Gallery in Tokyo. Comments 4 Tags ‘Shark stepping on a Lego’ photo goes viral; here’s the real story National Weather Service issues ‘small dog warning’ due to wind Bruno Ganz, whose Hitler scene from Downfall took over YouTube, dies at 77 More viral news Share your voice Online Digital Media