— Browns star wide receiver Odell Beckham has fully participated in the early stages of Cleveland’s training camp. This comes after he expressed reservations whether the NFL should forge ahead and have a season with the coronavirus still spreading. — The Falcons have signed former Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Darqueze Dennard. A first-round pick by the Bengals in 2014, Dennard has made 24 starts in 77 games. FOOTBALL-XFL-JOHNSONThe Rock acquires XFLUNDATED (AP) — Former wrestling star Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson said he has acquired the XFL. The 48-year-old actor made the announcement on Twitter. Reportedly the price is $15 million. The XFL had eight franchises and played five games out of a planned 10-game schedule before canceling the remainder of its season in March because of the COVID-19 pandemic. August 3, 2020 Update on the latest sports Associated Press UNDATED (AP) — The Carolina Hurricanes couldn’t beat the New York Rangers during the NHL regular season, but they find themselves up two-games-to-none in their best-of-5 qualifying series.Andrei Svechnikov recorded the first playoff hat trick in franchise history to lead the Hurricanes to a 4-1 verdict over the Blueshirts. The game was tied 1-1 until he and Jordan Martinook tallied 71 seconds apart early in the second period. Svechnikov got his third goal of the day on a sweet two-one-one breakaway with 5:58 remaining.Petr Mrazek (muh-RA’-zehk) stopped 23 shots for the Hurricanes, who can complete a sweep Tuesday in Toronto.In other NHL action:— Nikita Kucherov (KOO’-chah-rahv) scored the shootout winner in the Lightning’s 3-2 win against the Capitals in Eastern Conference round-robin play. Kucherov also scored in regulation, opening the scoring 12:53 into the first period. Andrei Vasilevskiy (va-sih-LEHV’-skee) stopped two of the three Capitals players he faced in the shootout after making 31 saves in regulation and overtime. Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditMLB-VIRUS OUTBREAK-CARDINALSMore Cardinals test positive, games against Tigers postponedUNDATED (AP) — Seven St. Louis Cardinals players and six staff members have tested positive for COVID-19, causing Major League Baseball to postpone the team’s four-game series at Detroit. The series was to have been played at Comerica Park from Tuesday through Thursday. Both the New York Jets and Giants previously announced they would play without fans this season. Most other teams are hoping to be able to have at least limited crowds.Elsewhere in the NFL:— Eagles coach Doug Pederson says he feels great and has no symptoms after testing positive for the coronavirus. Pederson is quarantining at home away from family members. He plans to run the team virtually while assistant head coach Duce Staley handles leadership duties during training camp. Pederson didn’t want to comment on how he contracted the virus but is comfortable with the safety measures at the team’s practice facility. — Broncos right tackle Ja’Wuan James has decided to skip the 2020 season over concerns about the coronavirus. James says he already has one family member who was infected by the virus and he doesn’t want to risk bringing the virus home to his wife and newborn son. — Panthers linebacker Christian Miller has informed the team he has opted out of the 2020 season. The 2019 fourth-round pick out of Alabama played in seven games last year. — Results of Covid-19 testing conducted Sunday show there were no new positive results for the Philadelphia Phillies. The team was traveling to New York to resume its schedule against the Yankees in a Monday night game. The Phillies have not played since July 26. Their opponent in that opening series, the Miami Marlins, had at least 18 players test positive for the coronavirus. — Brewers manager Craig Counsell says bench coach Pat Murphy has been released from the hospital after suffering a heart attack during a team workout Saturday. Milwaukee doesn’t plan to bring in an additional staff member while Murphy recovers. — Indians manager Terry Francona will not be with the club for its series opener in Cincinnati as he deals with a gastrointestinal issue. Francona was scheduled for an exam at the Cleveland Clinic to address his condition. Coach Sandy Alomar Jr. is running the team in Francona’s absence.— Cubs star Kris Bryant is back in the starting lineup against Kansas City after missing two games with a stomach ailment.NBA-SCHEDULE St. Louis has been in quarantine since Thursday in Milwaukee, where the Cardinals’ series last weekend was postponed, and the team is being tested daily. The Cardinals are the second team sidelined by the novel coronavirus since the season started July 23. The Miami Marlins are set to resume play Tuesday in Baltimore.In other MLB news:— Tonight’s game between the Yankees and visiting Phillies was postponed because of the approach of Tropical Storm Isaisas. The game has been rescheduled as part of a doubleheader Wednesday in Philadelphia, where the teams had been scheduled to play single games Wednesday and Thursday.— Marlins CEO Derek Jeter blames the team’s coronavirus outbreak on a collective false sense of security that made players lax about social distancing and wearing masks. Infected were 21 members of the team’s traveling party, including at least 18 players. Jeter says none is seriously ill, and he expects all to return this season. With more than half of the team sidelined, Jeter said the Marlins still can be competitive when their season resumes Tuesday at Baltimore. — Nikolaj Ehlers (NIH’-koh-ly EE’-lurz) scored a third-period power-play goal to give the Winnipeg Jets a 3-2 win over the Calgary Flames. Adam Lowry led the Jets with a goal and an assist as the Jets evened the NHL qualifying series at a game apiece. Vezina Trophy finalist Connor Hellebuyck (HEH’-leh-buhk) made 28 saves for the win.VIRUS OUTBREAK-NFL-RAIDERSNo fans for Raiders’ first season in Las VegasLAS VEGAS (AP) — The Raiders will play their first season in Las Vegas without any fans at their home games because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The team sent a letter to season ticket holders saying that after discussions with health care officials and local leaders, the decision was made not to allow fans. VanVleet scores career-best 36, Raptors top Heat 107-103LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) — The Toronto Raptors have opened their NBA restart schedule with back-to-back wins over division leaders.Fred Van Vleet poured in a career-high 36 points and the defending champions followed their win over the Los Angeles Lakers by downing the Miami Heat, 107-103. He finished 7 of 12 from 3-point range and was a perfect 13 of 13 from the line.Pascal Siakam (see-A’-kam) added 22 points and Kyle Lowry had 14 with eight rebounds for Atlantic Division leaders.Goran Dragic had 25 points for the Heat. Also around the NBA:— Michael Porter Jr. contributed a career-high 37 points and Nikola Jokic (nee-KOH’-lah YOH’-kihch) had a triple-double to help the Nuggets top the Thunder, 121-113 in overtime. Jokic had 30 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists to help Denver strengthen its hold on third place in the Western Conference standings.— T.J. Warren followed his career-high 53-point performance by providing 34 in the Pacers’ 111-100 victory over the Wizards. Warren had 16 points in the third quarter to spark a 22-2 run after Washington had fought back into the game. NHL-SCHEDULECanes beat Blueshirts on Svechnikov’s trick
The fifth annual Letterkenny Busking Festival is taking place along Letterkenny’s Main Street on Saturday the 24th of August. Spots are filling up fast for this annual festival so if you would like to take part, we would encourage you to register now.This year’s event is set to be the most competitive yet with various types of performers from Donegal and beyond registered to participate in the competition. But it’s not just about competing. The whole street will be alive with music and performance. This year the Busking festival is taking place during the weekend of the 50th Anniversary of the Letterkenny International Folk Festival so Letterkenny will be full of people who are here for all the various activities and after the busking there will be more live acts on the street.Each act will be in with a chance of winning prizes from the €1000 prize fund but not everyone can win. The acts love the support and can maybe collect a few cents from appreciative audiences. So if you’re out on Saturday 24th August between 11am to 2pm come and see some brilliant acts showcase their talents.Spots are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis, so it is best to pre-register for the festival and all performers will be visited by the judges.This year a special guest will announce the winners at a prize-giving event at McGinley’s Bar at 2.30pm. The winning act will have the chance to perform on stage at the venue. So while you’re shopping in town, head up to the Main Street and feast your eyes and ears on some great performances. The Letterkenny Busking Festival draws a large crowd each year of both spectators and performers.“Bringing music on to the street on a Saturday afternoon always brings a feel-good atmosphere especially in the Summer”, explains Leonard Watson President of Letterkenny Chamber of Commerce that is organising the Busking Festival through its ShopLK Brand.“This year we have a great line up of entertainment building on previous years. With the prize fund on offer we know we’ll have a high standard of acts and we encourage everyone to come out and support the buskers on the day”.“ShopLK is all about enjoying the best shopping experience in Letterkenny and we want our regular customers and visitors to the town to really enjoy what Letterkenny has to offer. This type of event, that is funded through the Retail Promotion initiative from Donegal County Council, makes happy shoppers and creates a real buzz.”Come along on Saturday 24th August to Letterkenny Main Street and see magicians, dancers, street entertainers, trad groups and more celebrating local and national talent. Support our acts and help to bring the main street alive this Summer. To pre-register for the competition and get more information on the competition format, etc, check out our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/letterkennybuskingfestival or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.orgLess than two weeks to go until the highly anticipated Letterkenny Busking festival was last modified: August 9th, 2019 by Staff WriterShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
If you’re looking to optimize your RED workflow in Premiere Pro check out this informative video tutorial. Discover the best ways to work natively with RED .R3D files in Premiere!RED Digital Cinema continues to stay a competitive force in the pro camera market, with the addition of new cams and a major price drop on their models. Over the last few year many post-production operations have made the switch over to Adobe Premiere Pro. So, it’s likely then that more RED footage is being cut in Premiere than ever before.To address this, Adobe has included some features in Premiere Pro aimed directly at working with native RED footage. In the following video tutorial (put out by RED Digital) a RED workflow in Premiere Pro is laid out in a concise but informative way. Topics addressed include:Using the Media Browser to locate and scrub through .R3D filesAdjusting RED RAW metadata filesSaving RED look presetsUsing a RED Rocket for better performanceModifying the look of footage and modifying metadata in REDCINE-X and having those changes reflected back in Premiere ProLooking to tackle a RED native workflow in Final Cut Pro X? See our previous post here.For any Premiere Pro video editor or RED shooter, this quick tutorial on RED workflows in Premiere Pro is a worthwhile watch:
Amid the increasing stray cattle menace in the State, the Shiromani Akali Dal has hit out at the Congress government, accusing it of failing to address the issue. SAD leader and former Minister Bikram Majithia on Saturday said the State government had failed to find a solution to stray animals, which are not just destroying crops but have also been the cause of several deaths in the State.‘Cow cess’“The government collects ‘cow cess’ and other taxes in the name of taking care of stray animals, but the problem continues to grow. All concrete steps taken by the previous SAD-BJP government to create and maintain gaushalas and cattle pounds have been withdrawn by this government,” he alleged.Mr. Majithia said that incidents of deaths due to stray animals were on the rise in the State in the last few months. ‘Farmers affected’ “Farmers are also at the receiving end with their fields being laid to waste across the State. Towns and cities are facing an acute crisis with the cattle roaming free and spoiling green belts, besides causing traffic hazards on the State highways,” he said.Asking the Congress government to wake up from its slumber, the Akali leader demanded development of stray cattle pounds, free power to gaushalas on the pattern of the previous SAD-BJP government and judicious use of ‘cow cess’ to tackle the problem.
P2.5 B shabu seized in Makati sting, Chinese national nabbed Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Recognized by Fiba in the 2014 World Cup in Spain as the world’s best fans, Filipinos went to all forms of media last year, blasting the NBA when it initially refused to allow Clarkson to suit up in the Jakarta Asiad.The SBP, Panlilio earlier said, has already greased the wheels for Clarkson’s appeal. The national basketball federation is also expected to lobby the PBA board to allow Andray Blatche to suit up as an import in the Commissioner’s Cup so Gilas Pilipinas can prepare with him earlier.But like the Clarkson bid, the SBP could face an uphill battle for Blatche, a knowledgeable source told the Inquirer, one that could focus on a single inch.“If at all, Blatche would be subject to the rules governing imports in every conference,” said the source. “That means, even his height will be checked.”The Commissioner’s Cup allows imports no taller than 6-foot-10. Though the league hasn’t officially measured Blatche, the former NBA player is listed as a shade over 6-11.ADVERTISEMENT Lacson backs proposal to elect president and vice president in tandem Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next LATEST STORIES P2.5 B shabu seized in Makati sting, Chinese national nabbed The SBP is hoping to pair Blatche with Clarkson in the World Cup, which Gilas Pilipinas recently booked tickets to in the last window of Fiba’s Asian qualifiers.But with Clarkson granted only naturalized status despite his Filipino lineage, that pairing cannot materialize without a successful appeal. Clarkson acquired his Philippine passport after the required Fiba cutoff of 16 years old.“We have committed to do our best (in seeking reconsideration from Fiba),” he said. “There are no assurances of guarantees. It’s up to them.”The NBA will be out of the way in the Clarkson case in the coming World Cup with its season long concluded by the time China hosts the event in eight cities from Aug. 31 to Sept. 15.Blatche, on the other hand, has just a few more games in China before he flies home to the US. If he is allowed to play as import, he will head here.But not having obtained a passport before he was 16 years old disqualifies Clarkson from playing as a Filipino, and this is something that the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas and president Al Panlilio will appeal.“I don’t think there’s a single Filipino who doesn’t want Jordan Clarkson to play (with Gilas),” national coach Yeng Guiao said. “All of us want him. But it’s up to the process and what we can do about it.”Guiao, incidentally, doesn’t want his squad to be satisfied by just making the main draw.The mercurial coach is hoping for a favorable draw come March 15 in Shezhen, and have “photo ops” with powerhouse the United States later to be able to make the next round of the 32-nation conclave.“(If we get) bracketed with the US (in the first phase), then we can do nothing about it but have photos taken with them,” Guiao said with a smile in a press conference at Meralco. “But if we can get wins to advance, we’ll take that.” Kaya settles for draw in Vientiane Trump campaign, GOP groups attack Google’s new ad policy 1 dead, 3 injured in Quezon road crash SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte National coach Yeng Guiao (left) addresses the media during a presscon hosted by the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas where telecommunications tycoon and Gilas Pilipinas patron Manny V. Pangilinan and SBP president Al Panlilio (right) gave updates on the national squad. —AUGUST DELA CRUZWith the clamor for Jordan Clarkson to play as a Filipino for Gilas Pilipinas in the World Cup later this year as loud as it could get from this cage-crazy nation, the country’s top basketball patron on Thursday said that the best approach at this time would be “a quiet one.”Telecommunications chief Manny V. Pangilinan, a member of the powerful central board of the international cage body (Fiba), knows exactly how the ruling committee behaves and wants the appeal for Clarkson to follow a more toned-down process.ADVERTISEMENT Hong Kong tunnel reopens, campus siege nears end “Certainly, we would do our best to persuade them (Fiba, to allow Clarkson to play),” Pangilinan said. “Probably, the best approach would be a quiet one rather than create some noise.”It is a tack different from the one that got the NBA to release Clarkson for national duty in last year’s Asian Games, where a very vocal Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP) and a public clamor that dominated social media drew a favorable response for the Philippines.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine football chiefSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesBut does that mean that Pangilinan would want what Fiba had said was the world’s greatest fans to be quiet?“No, not at all,” said SBP president Al Panlilio. “What he means is that as a federation, we (the SBP) would want an approach that is not head-on.” View comments Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss MOST READ