Luis Suarez: Atletico Madrid striker tests positive for coronavirus and will miss Barcelona reunion | Football News

first_imgI hate Suzie Sky Sports Scores promo– Advertisement – – Advertisement – Suarez is the latest high-profile player to test positive for the virus while on international duty, after Liverpool forward Mo Salah contracted the infection last week.Cristiano Ronaldo was also forced to miss several games for Juventus after he tested positive while representing Portugal last month. – Advertisement – Sky Sports Scores just got faster and has free Premier League goals. We hope you like using the app more than Suzie!center_img 0:27 Atletico Madrid striker Luis Suarez has tested positive for coronavirus while on international duty with Uruguay and will now miss out on a reunion with former club Barcelona on Saturday. Suarez, who scored a penalty in Uruguay’s 3-0 win over Colombia on Friday, will also miss the World Cup qualifier against Brazil on Tuesday.- Advertisement – Uruguay confirmed stand-in goalkeeper Rodrigo Munoz and a member of staff had also returned positive tests, with all three said to be in good health and adhering to self-isolation guidelines.Suarez is Atletico’s joint-top scorer this season alongside Joao Felix, with five goals in six games since his transfer from Barcelona for £5.5m in September.The 33-year-old, who scored 198 goals in a six-year stay at the Catalan club, had one year to run on his contract, but was told by new head coach Ronald Koeman that he was not part of his plans to the dismay of Lionel Messi.last_img read more

Wolf Administration Awards $5.5 Million for Healthy Foods at Elementary Schools

first_img SHARE Email Facebook Twitter Wolf Administration Awards $5.5 Million for Healthy Foods at Elementary Schools Education,  Press Release Harrisburg, PA – Governor Tom Wolf announced today that more than 220 elementary schools will receive grants totaling almost $5.5 million to provide students with fresh fruits and vegetables during the school day.“Children are better prepared to learn when they have access to healthy food choices during their day,” Governor Wolf said. “By expanding breakfast programs, offering reduced-price meals and providing fresh produce, we’re improving the conditions to help students succeed.”The funding was awarded through the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP). The program’s goals are to create healthier school environments by providing healthier food choices, expand the variety of fruits and vegetables students experience, increase fruit and vegetable consumption, and positively impact students’ present and future health. FFVP was first implemented in Pennsylvania in 2004 and expanded to all 50 states in 2008.“Fresh fruits and vegetables provide vital nutrients to growing children,” said Education Secretary Pedro A. Rivera. “These grants are another way to help address food security in our schools while also providing an opportunity to teach students how to make smart and nutritious choices.”Funding priority is given to the schools with the highest rates of students eligible for free and reduced-price meals. Grantees are required to spend a majority of their grant on the purchase of fresh fruit and vegetables and must develop a plan to establish partnerships to reduce other costs. Schools are also required to provide nutrition education to students but cannot use FFVP funding to purchase nutrition education materials.During his tenure, Governor Wolf has made combating hunger a priority. In 2015 he established the Food Security Partnership, a group comprised of the secretaries of the departments of Aging, Agriculture, Community and Economic Development, Education, Health, and Human Services; unveiled the commonwealth’s food security plan – Setting the Table: A Blueprint for a Hunger-free PA 2016; and introduced the Governor’s School Breakfast Initiative 2017.For a list of the 2019 grant recipients, visit PDE’s School Nutrition Programs website.center_img July 16, 2019last_img read more

AJ Dillon has his way, other fast reactions to Syracuse’s 42-14 loss to Boston College

first_imgWithout its starting quarterback and running back for the second straight game, Syracuse got blown out at home, 42-14, in its final game of the 2017 season. Boston College (7-5, 4-4 Atlantic Coast), a bowl-eligible team that had already beaten Preseason Top 25 teams in Louisville and Florida State, beat the Orange (4-8, 2-6) convincingly on Saturday afternoon in front of an announced attendance of 30,302.Here are three quick reactions to the game.No-win NovemberWith the loss, Syracuse fell to 0-8 over the past two Novembers. The Orange has not won a game in the month since beating Boston College two years ago this weekend in former head coach Scott Shafer’s sendoff victory. The Syracuse senior class is the first since 2009 to graduate without appearing in a bowl game, as the Orange lost its final five games of the year. Its last win came in the Carrier Dome on Oct. 13 against then-No. 2 Clemson. Over the final 10 quarters of the 2017 season, SU was outscored 114-29.The AJ Dillon showAdvertisementThis is placeholder textDillon, a 6-foot, 240-pound true freshman running back, proved to be one of Syracuse’s toughest tailbacks faced all year. He entered Saturday averaging 5.1 yards per carry to go along with 10 rushing touchdowns, including four in a 272-yard showing at Louisville. In his last three games, he ran for 149, 196 and 200 yards, respectively. Saturday against the depleted Syracuse defense, he erupted for 193 yards and three touchdowns.In his footstepsSyracuse senior wide receiver Steve Ishmael broke a pair of program records Saturday. First, he snapped Amba Etta-Tawo’s single-season receptions record of 94, which Etta-Tawo set a year ago in a rout at Clemson. Then Ishmael, on the final touchdown catch of his college career, broke Marvin Harrison’s career receiving yards record (2,728). Ishmael idolized Harrison as a kid, and he broke his idol’s record in his final game at Syracuse. Ishmael finished the day with 11 catches for 187 yards. Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on November 25, 2017 at 3:16 pm Contact Matthew: mguti100@syr.edu | @MatthewGut21last_img read more

Carnival to resume cruises from Miami in August

first_imgCarnival Cruises has announced that it plans to resume voyages from Miami and Port Canaveral starting in August.The  cruise line made the announcement on Monday, stating that 8 of it’s cruise ships from Miami, Port Canaveral, and Galveston, Texas will resume operations on August 1st.The 8 cruise ships that will be operational are Carnival Horizon, Carnival Magic and Carnival Sensation in Miami, Carnival Breeze and Carnival Elation in Port Canaveral, and Carnival Dream, Carnival Freedom and Carnival Vista in Galveston.All other North American and Australian cruises will be canceled through Aug. 31 including those that were scheduled to take place between July 27th and July 31st.Guest impacted by any of these changes will be contacted by their travel advisor and will be given the option of a full refund, combined future cruise credits, or onboard credits.last_img read more

PowaKaddy and England Golf gift trolleys to support disabled golfers

first_img18 Nov 2014 PowaKaddy and England Golf gift trolleys to support disabled golfers England Golf and PowaKaddy have given electric trolleys to several of the country’s golf-related disability groups to help improve access to the game. England Golf presented PowaKaddy electric trolleys, which had been used by its top amateur golfers playing in some of the world’s most prestigious events, to England Deaf Golf, England and Wales Blind Golf and the Disabled Golf Association. Each group was given the freedom to determine who would be awarded each individual trolley and all used the opportunity to increase engagement with their members and promote their involvement in golf. For instance, England Deaf Golf chose to award its trolleys as prizes to the winners of the 2014 England Deaf Golf Open, while England and Wales Blind Golf Association put its allocation to use during this year’s Auld Enemies match against Scotland, from which it emerged victorious (pictured). England Golf Disability Manager Jamie Blair was delighted that the trolleys have been used to encourage participation in the sport amongst disabled golfers. He said: “I would like to thank PowaKaddy for their generous donation. England Golf is proud to recognise that it is not just non-disabled players who represent England throughout the golfing year. A number of disability golf organisations compete on national, European and world stages throughout the year.   “Disabled golfers and those with a long-term limiting condition account for 10% of those playing once a week in England and I know that the trolleys will go to good use and Powakaddy’s recognition of those playing the game, not just elite golfers, is great to see. “The disability golf organisations run tournaments and are always looking for support for events and for their players. It is the long-term ambition for England Golf to provide support for talented disabled players competing at these levels.” As official trolley supplier to England Golf, PowaKaddy presents a fleet of its state-of-the-art electric trolleys to both men’s and women’s squads ahead of the golf season each year. This year, the nation’s elite amateurs received the outstanding FW7 model, which has been met with widespread acclaim from media, retailers and the public, alike. PowaKaddy chairman John deGraft-Johnson spoke of his pride in seeing trolleys once used by the country’s rising stars help to promote and support disability golf. He said: “Everyone at PowaKaddy takes great pleasure in knowing that we are supporting amateur golf at the highest level as Official Trolley Supplier to England Golf. “We are just as delighted to know that the equipment no longer required by the national squads is being put to great use by various disability golf associations, providing a tremendous opportunity for their members to enjoy our great game.”last_img read more

Greeners on the Cutting Edge Lecture Series Explores Technology’s Advancements

first_imgFacebook0Tweet0Pin0 Submitted by The Evergreen State CollegeEvery day, technology continues to profoundly impact our lives—especially the careers of today’s college students. Further exploring the state of technology today, The Evergreen State College is hosting a lecture series on computing issues called Greeners on the Cutting Edge, focusing on Evergreen students’ roles in the future of technology.The lecture series kicked off March 31st and continues with a lecture each week until June 2nd and is a part of the ongoing PLATO Lecture Series. This series is offered every year at Evergreen by faculty who bring outside speakers to Evergreen to address computing issues that are of broad interest to the campus community.“This particular series is a celebration of Evergreen graduates who are ‘on the cutting edge’,” said Judy Cushing, computer science faculty at Evergreen and organizer of the series. “We really wanted to show current Evergreen students some possible lives after Evergreen, and demonstrate to those in the community the success of our graduates. Some, but not all, of the speakers studied computer science here at Evergreen.  All are highly successful.”Topics include software quality, the intersections between technology and social justice, and education for job skills (presented by Lynda.com co-founder and Evergreen graduate Lynda Weinman). Designer and artist Dylan Sisson will present the next lecture in the series on advances in CGI technology on April 14th.The lectures will take place every Monday of Evergreen’s spring quarter at 1:30 p.m. in Lecture Hall 1 on Evergreen’s Olympia campus. More information, including the lineup and lecture topics, can be found at http://blogs.evergreen.edu/sosw/lectures/The series is funded by software development royalties paid to the College by Control Data Corp, for John Aikin’s development (with students) of Computer Aided Instruction and is named after the influential PLATO programming language, which led to great advances in computer technology.last_img read more

This Kootenay Ice team is primed for some home cooking

first_imgIce dropped a pair of close games to Greater Vancouver Canadians before grabbing three of four points in a weekend set against Thompson Blazers.Kootenay won 6-3 before playing to a 2-2 draw against the Blazers.Six different players —Tommy McConnachie of Trail, Hunter Flois of Vanderhoof, Conner Seib of Trail, Kaleb Comishin of Nelson, Shawn Campbell of Castlegar and Caige Sterzer of Kimberley— scored in the opener for Kootenay.Last weekend Kootenay was in tough against Vancouver Northeast Chiefs, losing 7-3 and 4-0.McConnachie scored twice and Floris added a single to complete the Ice scoring.“I like the makeup of our team this year. This is a really good group of kids,” Jones said.“We were short handed last weekend due to some last minute issues.”Kootenay is one of 11 teams in the BCMMHL.The league was established in 2004 to provide elite level 15, 16 and 17 year olds an opportunity to play within their own age group at a high level and be developed for the next level of hockey.These teams have an opportunity each year to compete for the National Midget Championship. The Kootenay Ice get a taste of some home cooking as the BC Major Midget Hockey League squad hosts its home opening weekend beginning Saturday at the NDCC Arena.The Ice, 1-4-1 open the season, play host to Valley West Hawks Saturday at 7 p.m. in the NDCC Arena.Sunday, puck drop on the second game of the series is at 10 a.m., also in Nelson.“We are very excited to have our first home games of the year this coming weekend,” said Ice head coach Brian Jones.Jones assumed the helm of the Good Ship Ice this season after spending the last few years as the assistant coach to Rob Wright.Kootenay began the season with three consecutive road trips to the Lower Mainland and Kamloops.last_img read more