Matteo Guendouzi says Arsenal have improved too much over the last year to suffer a repeat of last season’s 5-1 thrashing by Liverpool.The Gunners travel to Anfield in Saturday’s late kick-off with six points from two Premier League games, new signings bedding in well and a sense of optimism around Unai Emery’s side.In last season’s fixture, Ainsley Maitland-Niles gave Arsenal an early lead on Merseyside but a hat-trick from Roberto Firmino, plus goals from strike partners Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane, handed them their worst defeat of the season. Article continues below Editors’ Picks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Messi a man for all Champions League seasons – but will this really be Barcelona’s? Are Chelsea this season’s Ajax? Super-subs Batshuayi & Pulisic show Blues can dare to dream The 20-year-old French midfielder isn’t expecting an easy game at all, but he is confident in his team-mates’ ability to rise to the challenge before them.”Last year was not our finest hour but it’s very different to last season, it’s a new game and new team so I don’t see why it would be the same result,” Guendouzi told Sky Sports. Based in the UK? Grab a Sky Sports Day Pass for just £8.99!”We’ve had a much better start as well – last year we started with two losses but this year we are already six points up.”We have a better team overall and we’re feeling good about ourselves, we have a good team and we believe in ourselves.”I know we can do really well, we are going there to win and I believe we can beat any Premier League side.”Guendouzi, now in his second season in North London, has played 90 minutes in both of Arsenal’s games so far this season, narrow wins over Newcastle and Burnley.New signings Dani Ceballos and David Luiz impressed on their club debuts against the Clarets, while it is thought that record transfer Nicolas Pepe could be in line for a first start against Liverpool.Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac are also due to return to the squad after their security issues, meaning Arsenal still have plenty of room to improve from their solid start – though Shkodran Mustafi and Mohamed Elneny have been told they can leave.”David Luiz brings a lot of experience and is a very comprehensive defender,” Guendouzi added.”Ceballos is a very technical player and played excellently against Burnley, while Pepe is a player I know well from France.”I think all three bring a lot of strength and positive aspects to the team.” Check out Goal’s Premier League 2019-20 fantasy football podcast for game tips, debate and rivalries.
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Monday sought to know as to why the separate pleas of arms dealer Sanjay Bhandari and Robert Vadra, seeking quashing of a money laundering case against them, not be heard together.Presently, Bhandari and his wife’s petition for quashing of the ED case is being heard by a single judge, while Vadra and his close aide Manoj Arora’s pleas are pending before a division bench of the high court. Justice Mukta Gupta, who was hearing Bhandari’s plea, said when these are connected matters, propriety demands that they should be heard together by the division bench. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM'”They are in the same ECIR. When these matters are connected, propriety and judicial principle demands that these pleas should go to the division bench,” the court said. The court was hearing an application by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) that Bhandari’s plea seeking quashing of the money laundering case be transferred to the bench which is hearing Vadra’s petition in the same matter. The plea was opposed by senior advocate Sandeep Sethi, who was representing Bhandari, saying it should be heard by the single judge as Vadra has challenged the vires of the provisions of Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) but Bhandari has not done so. Also Read – Farooq demands unconditional release of all detainees in J&KThe counsel said Bhandari’s matter need not be transferred to the division bench and added that he would address the court in detail on this issue. The court listed the matter for further hearing on August 23. Vadra and Arora have sought quashing of the money laundering case against them besides challenging the Constitutionality of PMLA. Bhandari and his wife Sonia Bhandari have moved separate pleas seeking quashing of the money laundering case lodged against them by ED in February 2017. Bhandari, who is also an accused in a 2016 case under the Official Secrets Act relating to the recovery of confidential documents of the Ministry of Defence from his residence during an Income Tax raid in 2016, was declared a proclaimed offender by a trial court here in January last year. He is also facing prosecution under provisions of the Black Money (Undisclosed Foreign Income and Assets) and Imposition of Tax Act, 2015. During the probe, ED had found that he allegedly helped Vadra, brother-in-law of Congress leader Rahul Gandhi, in purchasing a property in the United Kingdom. ED has lodged a money laundering case against Vadra and Arora accusing them of acquiring the London property in an illegal manner.
Among the constitutional reforms to be proposed by the PSC are changes to the 13th Amendment to the constitution. (Colombo Gazette) The TNA has meanwhile indicated it may not name representatives to the opposition side for the PSC. The SLMC is not part of the government side appointed to the Parliament Select Committee (PSC) which has been tasked to formulate proposals on constitutional reforms. The Sri Lanka Muslim Congress (SLMC) and the Tamil National Alliance (TNA) have had talks on the 13th Amendment to the constitution, an SLMC spokesman said.The talks were held last night with the participation of delegations led by TNA leader R. Sampanthan and SLMC leader Minister Rauf Hakeem.
Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo has written President David Granger calling on him and his caretaker Coalition Cabinet to resign and announce a date for early elections in compliance of the Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ) June 18, 2019 ruling and subsequent July 12, 2019 consequential orders.See below for the letter sent by the Opposition Leader to the President today Saturday, July 20, 2019.Letter to President pg 1Letter to President pg2Letter to President Pg3 Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)RelatedAG examining Opposition demands for govt to resign, dissolve ParliamentJuly 27, 2019In “Local News”MPs will not return to National Assembly to extend caretaker Govt time in office – PPPAugust 4, 2019In “latest news”Opposition Leader says willing to meet President anytime, and daily to chart way forwardJune 26, 2019In “latest news”