Neymar’s long awaited debut for new club, PSG, could be delayed again as Barcelona are yet to submit transfer clearance to French football authorities.French football governing body, LFP, has declared that they are yet to receive the International Transfer Certificate (CIT) from the Spanish football federation, thereby given a Thursday night deadline for the submission.LFP’s official statement read: “The Spanish federation of football has until Thursday night to send the CIT to the French Federation of football, who send it back to the French professional football league, and then Neymar can play with PSG this weekend.”The LFP also added that they might consider “launching an official procedure with Fifa”. However, the Spanish Federation of football are yet to issue a statement.If the Spanish authorities fail to meet the deadline, Neymar, who already missed PSG’s season opener against CS Amiens, still won’t be eligible to play in the Ligue 1.Neymar completed his world record €222m move to Paris Saint-Germain last week, and will reportedly earn £40.3m in wages per year after tax, with around £515,000-a-week.RelatedLa Liga Rejects Neymar 222m Euros Payment From PSGAugust 3, 2017In “Europe”Struggling Lille Handed Transfer Ban As PSG, Monaco And Metz Escape PunishmentDecember 13, 2017In “Europe”Neymar To PSG: Pros And ConsAugust 4, 2017In “Europe”
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREUCLA alum Kenny Clark signs four-year contract extension with PackersStephenson just had one turnover in a game in which he played 22 minutes – he’s only had five games completely without a turnover this year. Some of his mistakes have drawn animated responses from Walton; some have just drawn blank stares.Sign up for Home Turf and get exclusive stories every SoCal sports fan must read, sent daily. Subscribe here.But due to injuries (and Michael Beasley’s absence for personal reasons), the Lakers have needed to play Stephenson more minutes, perhaps what Walton had in mind when he said he was preparing to play “interesting” lineups before a recent game against Memphis. But Stephenson has repaid his faith so far.Stephenson was also one of the most composed players following the loss, saying he thought Harden made tough shots.With the Lakers headed to Charlotte still shorthanded, Stephenson was already looking forward to continuing his recent play. He believes the Lakers will quickly get back on track.“Just be aggressive, be in attack mode,” he said. “Play together, man, talk on defense. We’ve been doing a great job.” Lakers practice early hoping to answer all questions Trail Blazers, Grizzlies advance to NBA play-in game; Suns, Spurs see playoff dreams dashed HOUSTON — Even in a showdown between a pair of league MVPs, Lance Stephenson’s air guitar can make plenty of its own noise.The 28-year-old was back to making sweet music despite a 126-111 loss to the Rockets on Thursday night. He was one of only two Lakers bench players to score, pouring in 17 points for his first double-digit scoring night in nearly a month.Stephenson has been yo-yo-ing in and out of the rotation as much as any Laker, and on the last trip, Coach Luke Walton acknowledged it’s largely because of his turnovers – some of which stretch the imagination. But at least in Houston, Stephenson seemed to find an appropriate niche.“Being in attack mode,” he said. “Trying to make the easiest play possible, trying to get my teammates involved, just playing freely and trying to make no mistakes when I’m out there.” RONDO SEES HAND SPECIALIST, REMAINS IN L.A.The Lakers confirmed Thursday that Rajon Rondo (fractured right hand) saw a hand specialist in Los Angeles. The swelling that had to be drained on Sunday has gone down after the Lakers shut him off from activity earlier in the week, but he is scheduled to be evaluated again on Saturday before he can be potentially cleared for anything involving his hand. Rondo has been out of the lineup since Nov. 14, when he broke his hand in the fourth quarter of a game against Portland.Brandon Ingram (left ankle sprain) is still scheduled to be reevaluated on Saturday as well.Related Articles How athletes protesting the national anthem has evolved over 17 years Trail Blazers beat Grizzlies in play-in, earn first-round series with the Lakers Lakers, Clippers schedules set for first round of NBA playoffs Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error
In Cultural Centre of Bihać, traditional manifestation The Athlete of the year was held, and member of body building club ‘TNT’ Fikret Bosnić was proclaimed best sportsman of 2012, who won the first place at Balkans Tournament in mix pair and third place in singles competition.The cup was given to Fikret Bosnić by mayor of Bihać Emdžad Galijašević, and added that sport must be in the focus of the municipal administration.Best team is handball team ‘‘Bihać’’, while Harun Sadiković was chosen the best young sportsman, and Husein Ramić the best coach.Best team of disabled persons is Basketball club ”Una-Sana” in male category and in female category is the bowling club ”Bihać”.
KGLO News · Ask the Mayor — May 6, 2020 — Mason City mayor Bill Schickel Mason City’s mayor Bill Schickel was our guest on “Ask the Mayor” on May 6th, 2020. Listen back to the program via the audio player below
Inspirational Donegal man and road safety campaigner Richard Alcorn has been awarded the Road Safety Authority ‘Gertie Shields Supreme Award’ for 2017.Richard survived a road traffic collision in 2006 and now gives his time freely to delivering road safety messages to young adults.The overall award was presented to Richard Alcorn by Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport, Shane Ross TD, at the RSA’s 10th annual ‘Leading Lights in Road Safety’ Awards in Croke Park. In 2006, Richard Alcorn was involved in a very serious road traffic incident near his home town of Dunfanaghy, Co Donegal. He lost an arm, broke his neck, shattered his pelvis and broke both hips. He has battled to overcome his horrific injuries and has taken on a new role, advocating for road safety.‘Education – Community’ Award: Richard AlcornHe was also honoured with the ‘Education – Community’ Award at the RSA event for his work to promote the message of ‘Remember, the next time it could be you’ to countless people across Ireland.Richard delivers the road safety message to young people in Donegal, Mayo, Cavan and Kildare at events including Donegal County Council’s Road Safe Road Show, held annually in Letterkenny, Co. Donegal. Richard has given his time freely and is always available to assist any group helping to promote road safety awareness.A total of 25 individuals and organisations were honoured for their commitment and dedication to road safety at the tenth annual ‘Leading Lights in Road Safety’ Awards which were presented by RSA Chairperson Liz O’Donnell and RSA Chief Executive Moyagh Murdock in Croke Park today. MC for the day was RTÉ News Correspondent Teresa Mannion, with awards presented in categories including media, education, business, emergency services and public sector. Minister of Transport, Tourism and Sport, Shane Ross TD said: “Congratulations to everyone who received an award today and on behalf of all road users, thank you for your commitment and dedication to making our roads safer. I’d like to particularly commend Richard Alcorn, a true inspiration. His bravery in not only dealing with the aftermath of such a life-changing incident but also using his experience to teach others, is why he is so deserving of the RSA Leading Lights in Road Safety Supreme Award.”Ms Liz O’Donnell, Chairperson of the RSA presented the awards, saying: “Road safety is about making the roads we share with our family, neighbours, friends and colleagues a safer place. It’s about keeping our local communities safe. And that’s why we are recognising the great work being celebrated here today. Work that is helping to make communities right across the country safer for all. Work that is making a difference and saving lives.”Ms Moyagh Murdock, Chief Executive of the Road Safety Authority said: “We received over 160 nominations across the Leading Lights awards categories this year. The high quality of projects being entered meant that is was the toughest year yet to pick winners. I’d like to commend those who sent in nominations, who recognised Leading Lights in their school, office or community, who are making a difference, and put them forward for awards. It is thanks to them that we hear about the great work being done around the country to promote road safety.”Brave Richard Alcorn wins Road Safety Supreme Award was last modified: December 13th, 2017 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:richard alcornRoad Safety Awards
SANTA ROSA, Calif. — Tom and Catherine Andrews live on the edge of devastation.On one side of their mid-century style home, the deadly wildfires that ravaged parts of Northern California for more than a week wiped away the houses of neighbors they have known as long as two decades. On the other side were those like the Andrews, who were spared.On Monday as calm winds gave an advantage to firefighters trying to tame the flames, the couple balanced their good fortune against the losses suffered by many friends.“It was disbelief and just feeling like the luckiest guy on earth,” Tom Andrews said. “I can’t believe, I mean, total destruction 50 feet away and to have our house still standing here.”For his wife, a real estate agent who sold many of the homes to friends on Wikiup Drive, there was bitter along with the sweet.“It’s heartbreaking,” she said. “I’m trying not to have survivor’s guilt, I think they call it. But we’ve been here 20 years this week. We raised our kids in this house. So many of the families on this hill raised their kids.”