Advertisement Advertisement(Photo Courtesy: Deccan Chronicle)Former Indian captain and coach Anil Kumble has praised the International Cricket Council (ICC) for the crackdown its on bowlers with suspect bowling action. This comes in the wake of many cricketers slating the organization for its approach in dealing with the issue.Speaking at an event organised by his technology startup Spektacom Technologies, Kumble said that, “A fair bit (has been done) from the ICC perspective in terms of looking at the suspected actions and making sure that the world cricket gets rid of that. “Over the last two years, you don’t hear too many issues (about suspect bowling action) coming up. I think overall ICC has done a great job in controlling that (issue).”In the past, former cricketers such has Micheal Holding criticized the board for failing to do its duty properly. Also, Pakistan cricketer Mohammad Hafeez who was suspended for illegal bowling action in the past hit out at the apex body.In the recent years, many cricketers have been cracked down with suspected bowling actions. Some of the notable players to be reported includes the former Pakistan star, Saeed Ajmal.Meanwhile Kumble’s start-up Spektacom Technologies on Thursday launched the “Power Bat” – a unique tool powered by Microsoft’s Azure Cloud platform and its Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT) services.The Power Bat can provide real-time data on a player’s performance based on different parameters such as speed of the ball on impact, twist on impact and quality of the shot.Also Read:Arjuna Ranatunga accused of sexual assault by Indian flight attendant
Prithvi Shaw broke onto the scene with a masterful century in his debut Test match against West Indies earlier last week.Shaw scored 134 runs and at 18 years and 329 days, become the youngest Indian to reach three figures in his maiden appearance. Shaw became second youngest batsman after Sachin Tendulkar (17 years, 107 days) to score a Test hundred.Shaw also scored the third quickest century on debut when he reached the three-figure mark and is now also the seventh youngest player in Test cricket history to score a hundred on debut. He is also the only man with a hundred on debut in Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy and Test cricket.The young star from Mumbai broke multiple records and walked away with the man-of-the-match, as India condemned West Indies to an innings and 272-run defeat inside three days of the opening Test in Rajkot.The world stood up to congratulate Shaw and had become the talk of the town with former stars, cricketing legends all praise for the youngster.READ – Prithvi Shaw slams debut Test hundred: A look at all 15 debut centurions for IndiaWith Shaw trending on social media, many companies started sending congratulatory messages to young star. But according to a report in Business Today, a few companies received cease and desist notices from his marketing team, Baseline Ventures.According to the report, Baseline Ventures have also sent notices seeking a sum of Rs 1 crore each as compensation from companies like Swiggy and FreeCharge for they used creatives with Shaw’s name on it. The messages on social media, acceding to the report, violated Baseline’s exclusive rights as well as Trademarks Act, 1996.advertisementREAD – This one is for my dad: Prithvi Shaw dedicates debut hundred to his heroFreeCharge and Swiggy both deleted their tweets. “Firsts we’ll remember forever: First bite of Rasmalai, First innings of Prithvi Shaw,” the Swiggy creative read.Tuhin Mishra, managing director of Baseline Ventures told the BT that the tweets were “disappointing” and said it was “ambush marketing”.READ – Prithvi Shaw showed he is different quality, really delighted for him: Virat Kohli”This is not only unfair to the player’s achievements but also to other genuine current sponsors and potential sponsors of Prithvi who pay to associate and play by the rule books,” Mishra said.He also said that they will be taking legal recourse against other firms too who have carried similar ambush marketing communications.Another company that carried on a tweet with Shaw’s name is Amul. The tweet says, “Shawbash! Amul Prithvi ka favourite makhan!” with the Amul girl and Shaw in the background.#Amul Topical: Youngest Indian to score debut test century! pic.twitter.com/C04aXhSM4lAmul.coop (@Amul_Coop) October 5, 2018Mumbai Police too had a unique take on the whole matter.As for the man himself, Shaw will eager to prove his mettle again when he walks out to bat in the second of the two-match Test series, which starts Friday in Hyderabad.