Home » News » Agencies & People » Estate agency to give away prizes worth £110,000 in bid to lure vendors previous nextAgencies & PeopleEstate agency to give away prizes worth £110,000 in bid to lure vendorsExpanding estate agency Petty Real in Lancashire says it will give away ten £1,000 weekly prizes plus a £100,000 main prize.Sheila Manchester30th August 20190565 Views An independent estate agency has launched a prize giveaway so huge that even national chains might blanche at such a generous marketing promotion.Petty Real is to lure in potential listings after announcing that it will give away £1,000 every week for 10 weeks. But that’s not all; potential vendors also have the chance of winning £100,000, which is locked in their safe (don’t tell the burglars).The multi-branch Lancashire agency is looking for houses to list within its key locations, where the agency says buyers are waiting. These include Burnley, Barnoldswick, Barrowford, Colne and the surrounding areas.Charlotte Hagan, Chair of Petty Real, says: “It’s really exciting, the £100,000 up for grabs is a life-changing amount for someone!“That chance, combined with the really great odds of winning in the weekly £1,000 draw is going to make for a very exciting few months in our offices.”Prize drawThe weekly £1,000 draw will run from 1st September to Friday 8th November with one entry per listing. Those wishing to try and win the £100,000 must visit one of the company’s offices in Burnley on a Friday or Saturday and have a go at cracking the ‘secret code’ to the safe.Ian Bythell, Director at Petty Real, adds: “Last year we celebrated 90 years in business, our success is largely due to the fantastic relationships we have formed and maintained with clients over generations. Historically we have advertised offers and incentives but nothing like this before.” Ian Bythell petty real charlotte hagan burnley August 30, 2019Nigel LewisWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021 Hong Kong remains most expensive city to rent with London in 4th place30th April 2021
University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences students know a lot about the science of food and how it’s grown, but often less about the art of cuisine.The College of Coastal Georgia (CCG) in Brunswick, Georgia, is now offering CAES students – and other students in Georgia undergraduate or graduate programs – a crash course in the culinary arts to accompany their degree.CCG’s one-month “Intensive Culinary Experience” (ICE) will fit into UGA’s May term and provide students with an inside look at the basics of culinary theory and technique. Students will learn from the instructors at CCG’s highly sought-after culinary arts program.“The ICE program is a great complement to our food science students’ learning experience. Many of our students seek careers in food product development, so the culinary arts perfectly matches their scientific knowledge of food chemistry, microbiology and processing,” said Jose Reyes, associate professor and undergraduate coordinator in the CAES Department of Food Science and Technology.“This program was initially conceived for CCG culinary arts graduates to transfer to UGA and get a food science degree, but it quickly became obvious that our food science and other CAES students would also greatly benefit from it. Dean William Mounts, from CCG, has tirelessly championed this and we look forward to having the first group of CAES students participate in it in May 2017.”In November, Chef Steve Ingersoll came to the CAES Department of Food Science and Technology for a culinary demonstration and to tempt hungry food science students to go to Brunswick this May.“I think it helps to see how their products are going to be used in the kitchen, and it may spur them to develop new products or modify existing products so they work better,” Ingersoll said. “Plus, it’s just a great way to see how it works. To me, it seems a person in food science should know how to cook.”The ICE program features an accelerated culinary curriculum that includes theory, cooking techniques, knife skills and pastry baking. The program is open to all undergraduate or graduate students who feel that culinary knowledge would benefit their career paths.Students who participate in the program will enroll in CCG as transient students and will receive four credit hours that will fully transfer to UGA.For more information about the ICE program, email CCG’s Walter Wright at [email protected] The deadline to apply to the ICE program is April 1, but space is limited, so applying early is encouraged.CCG is a public, four-year institution located in Brunswick, about 15 minutes from the beaches of St. Simons Island, Georgia. Prospective students can visit www.ccga.edu for more information.For more information about the Department of Food Science and Technology at the UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, visit www.foodscience.caes.uga.edu.
Governor Tom Wolf hiked the beloved and recently closed Glen Onoko Falls trail this week to make the case for his $4.5 billion infrastructure plan. Without approval of his plan the Glen Onoko Falls trail, and others like it, will remain permanently closed, officials say. The Glen Onoko trail cannot reopen without at least $4.5 million to refurbish the eroded trail where 15 people have died and many others have been injured. Governor Wolf is pushing for a severance tax on Marcellus Shale natural gas production to finance capital projects like the one needed to reopen the Glen Onoko Falls trail. Wolf has attempted to tax shale drillers every year since he has been in office, but the gas industry has pushed back and the GOP-controlled Legislature has continually rejected the idea. Chronic wasting disease confirmed in Culpeper County, Va The Florida panther is Florida’s state animal and is protected under federal law as an endangered species– but that hasn’t stopped people from shooting them. Officials at the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission say that 36 Florida panthers have been shot by people since 1978, and 13 of them were killed. Those illegal kills represent an important mortality factor, biologists say. Of the 13 illegally killed panthers, officials have successfully closed only four of the cases. A quarter of the panthers that have been shot were killed during hunting season. This leads officials to believe that hunters who intended to shoot deer, turkey or hogs killed the panthers, perhaps accidentally. About eight percent of the shootings are considered “suspected intentional kills.” The Florida panther population reached an all-time low in 1995, when only 30 known panthers existed in the wild. The population has since rebounded. It is believed about 200 panthers are now living in Florida. Chronic wasting disease, an incurable neurological disease found in deer, elk and moose in North America, has infected deer in Virginia for more than nine years. For the first time, however, the disease has been found in Culpeper County, more than 40 miles from the nearest known positive deer. Because the disease is spreading, state gaming officials will be working this summer to determine the actions they’ll take moving forward. These could include regulation changes, enhanced surveillance, or other methods that may help to stop the spread of the disease. In the state of Virginia, a total of 68 deer have tested positive for chronic wasting disease since 2009. Pennsylvania Governor hikes the closed Glen Onoko Falls trail to bring attention to his infrastructure plan The endangered Florida panther is being shot more than originally thought
FILE PHOTO: Gianni InfantinoParis, France | AFP | Gianni Infantino said Wednesday he had turned FIFA into an organisation “synonymous with credibility” as he was re-elected for a second term as president of world football’s governing body.It was a formality that the 49 year-old would be waved through for a new four-year mandate, until 2023, as he stood unopposed at the FIFA Congress in Paris.The FIFA Council chose to back his re-election by acclamation, with Infantino now hoping to build on the work he started in February 2016, when he was voted in to succeed the disgraced Sepp Blatter at the head of the organisation.Eager to “open up” and “globalise” the game, he will now push ahead with already approved plans to expand the Club World Cup to 24 teams, and with his ambition of expanding the World Cup itself to 48 teams.As he addressed the 211 members of the Congress in the French capital, where the Women’s World Cup begins on Friday, Infantino claimed credit for the success of the 2018 men’s World Cup in Russia, the “transparent” bidding process for the 2026 tournament in North America, and the introduction of Video Assistant Referees into the game.He said he was now at the head of “a new FIFA, an organisation that is synonymous with credibility, confidence, integrity.”“Today nobody talks about crises, nobody talks about rebuilding FIFA from scratch, nobody talks about scandals, nobody talks about corruption. We talk about football,” insisted the Swiss-Italian lawyer, formerly secretary general of European governing body UEFA.“The very least we can say is that we have turned the situation around.– No longer ‘toxic’ –“In three years and four months, this organisation went from being toxic, almost criminal, to being what it should be, an organisation that develops football, an organisation that cares about football.”Infantino has overseen a major increase in FIFA’s income, with cash reserves increasing to a record $2.75 billion over his first term. FIFA announced record revenue for the three years to 2018, of $6.4 billion.“FIFA has today also the most solid financial situation ever and is coming out of the period of its worst crisis,” he said.FIFA have had to abandon highly controversial plans to expand the World Cup from 32 teams to 48 in time for the next tournament in Qatar in 2022. – Club World Cup plans –The radical change to the tournament will now have to wait until 2026, but Infantino has already got the green light for a flagship 24-team Club World Cup starting in 2021.The existing format involves just seven clubs. A venue for the new-look competition has still to be found.“My philosophy as FIFA president is one of openness and as long as I am president of FIFA I will push as hard as I can to have more global worldwide competitions, possibilities, openness for everyone to be able to play,” he said.He stated his ambition to generate an enormous $50 billion in revenue from the sale of the commercial rights for the new competition, which has been opposed by European clubs.“In terms of commercialisation I hope to make 50 billion, not 25. I’m not sure we’ll get them but I hope so,” Infantino said, although he did not state how many editions that would cover.Infantino previously worked closely with Michel Platini, but the suspended ex-head of UEFA this week attacked the FIFA chief, saying he had “no legitimacy” and accusing him of having mocked women’s football.However, Infantino pointed to the appointment of Senegal’s Fatma Samoura as Secretary General and to the fact that women now made up 20 percent of all those involved in FIFA committees as he defended his work done in that area.“It is only 20 percent, but before it was four percent. We need to be better, we will be, but we start, we move, we progress,” he said.“At the Women’s World Cup in France this year we will have the explosion of women’s football,” he added.That tournament will begin on Friday when hosts France play South Korea in Paris, and will run until July 7.The next FIFA Congress will be held in the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa in May next year.Share on: WhatsApp
Facebook0Tweet0Pin0 Submitted by The Evergreen State CollegeEvery day, technology continues to profoundly impact our lives—especially the careers of today’s college students. Further exploring the state of technology today, The Evergreen State College is hosting a lecture series on computing issues called Greeners on the Cutting Edge, focusing on Evergreen students’ roles in the future of technology.The lecture series kicked off March 31st and continues with a lecture each week until June 2nd and is a part of the ongoing PLATO Lecture Series. This series is offered every year at Evergreen by faculty who bring outside speakers to Evergreen to address computing issues that are of broad interest to the campus community.“This particular series is a celebration of Evergreen graduates who are ‘on the cutting edge’,” said Judy Cushing, computer science faculty at Evergreen and organizer of the series. “We really wanted to show current Evergreen students some possible lives after Evergreen, and demonstrate to those in the community the success of our graduates. Some, but not all, of the speakers studied computer science here at Evergreen. All are highly successful.”Topics include software quality, the intersections between technology and social justice, and education for job skills (presented by Lynda.com co-founder and Evergreen graduate Lynda Weinman). Designer and artist Dylan Sisson will present the next lecture in the series on advances in CGI technology on April 14th.The lectures will take place every Monday of Evergreen’s spring quarter at 1:30 p.m. in Lecture Hall 1 on Evergreen’s Olympia campus. More information, including the lineup and lecture topics, can be found at http://blogs.evergreen.edu/sosw/lectures/The series is funded by software development royalties paid to the College by Control Data Corp, for John Aikin’s development (with students) of Computer Aided Instruction and is named after the influential PLATO programming language, which led to great advances in computer technology.