Courtesy Jennifer Smith(NEW YORK) — Robert Naiberg said he could barely speak when police called to tell him that his granddaughter, 13-year-old Jayme Closs, had been found.“I was overwhelmed. I couldn’t talk,” Naiberg said on ABC News’ Good Morning America Monday. “I was the first one she gave a hug too. I was standing in my daughter Jennifer’s hallway, and she gave me a big hug.”“She hugged everybody that was there — we tried not to overwhelm her,” he added.Jayme escaped and was discovered Thursday, after spending three months in captivity with a man who allegedly abducted her from her Wisconsin home in October and killed her parents, Denise and James Closs, authorities said.She was found in Gordon, Wisconsin, about 70 miles north of her hometown of Barron. Jake Allard, a cousin who was present for the joyful reunion, said Jayme couldn’t stop smiling when she arrived home with her aunt, Jennifer Smith.“It’s unreal how everybody in the afternoon, about four hours, got her room ready for her,” Allard told GMA. “When Jennifer and her husband went to pick her up, the room was empty. When they got back, it was all done.”“Jayme’s dog was there. He crawled right up on her lap and snuggled up to her,” he added.Smith shared a heartfelt image of Jayme on Facebook Saturday, showing the young girl smiling and cuddling with her dogs.“Jayme had a pretty good night’s sleep,” Smith wrote in the post. “It was great to know she was next to me all night. What a great feeling to have her home.”Naiberg said the family recorded video of her parents’ funeral for her with hopes that it might give her a bit of closure.“They taped the funeral for her, but they’re not going to show it to her …” Naiberg said. “When she’s ready.”Allard, who described Jayme as shy and quiet, said he’s worried about how she’ll process the tragedy.“My biggest concern was that she was real close to her mother,” Allard said. “Her mother was really good to her. Her dad was too.”Jake Patterson, 21, of Gordon, was arrested and charged with kidnapping Jayme and killing her parents, officials said. He’s scheduled to make his initial court appearance on the charges Monday, and his attorney, Charlie Glynn, said it’s too early to discuss specifics of the case.“This is a tragic situation from every perspective,” Glynn told GMA. “Lots of heavy hearts, lots of thoughts and prayers going around.”“His feelings and emotions are consistent with what you would expect,” he added.It’s unclear if some of Jayme’s family will attend the hearing.“I know I’m not going to go,” Allard said. “He has lawyers, and I do not want to listen to them. Anyone who could do something like this deserves a max sentence.” Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
Tags: BYU Football/Zach WIlson Brad James Written by October 5, 2020 /Sports News – Local BYU Football’s Zach Wilson Earns National Honors After Starring Against Louisiana Tech FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPROVO, Utah-BYU junior quarterback Zach Wilson has been named the Walter Camp FBS Offesive Player of the Week for his excellence in the Cougars’ 45-14 win against Louisiana Tech last Friday evening.Against the Bulldogs, Wilson completed 24 of 26 passes (92.3 percent) for 325 yards and two touchdowns. Wilson also posted 8 carries for 43 yards and three more scores.Wilson was also named the College Football Performance Award National Performer of the Week.Wilson earned Manning Award Star of the Week honors for the third consecutive week and as a Davey O’Brien Award Great 8 List honoree for the second consecutive week.Wilson’s five-touchdown output against the Bulldogs was the first of his collegiate career.The former Corner Canyon High School star also set a school record for completion percentage with his performance.Wilson presently leads the nation in completion percentage (84.5 percent) and ranks second nationally in yards per attempt (13.4 yards per attempt) and pass efficiency (221.9). He is tied for third in the nation in points responsible for (pass + rush, 66) with Louisiana Tech graduate transfer Luke Anthony, Southern Methodist senior Shane Buechele and Oklahoma freshman Spencer Rattler.Wilson is the fourth BYU Football honoree of the Walter Camp weekly award since 2004. He is the first Cougar to be honored since quarterback Max Hall in a September 9, 2009 win against Oklahoma.Hall was also honored in a 2008 win against UCLA and All-American quarterback John Beck netted the honor in 2006 after a win against Utah.
Home » News » Housing Market » RICS: September was booming marvellous for agents, but what about next year? previous nextHousing MarketRICS: September was booming marvellous for agents, but what about next year?Buyer enquiries, agreed sales and new listings all increased last month and will continue to do so until Christmas.Nigel Lewis8th October 202001,274 Views Buyer enquiries, agreed sales and new listings continued to boom last month, RICS member estate agents have reported.Its monthly market report reveals a net balance of 52% of those surveyed experiencing an increase in buyer enquiries, the fourth month in a row strong demand has driven the housing market.A similar proportion of estate agents reported increasing requests for appraisals, saying the sales pipeline will remain ‘solid’ for several months to come.This is along with a net balance of 55% enjoying strong growth in sales, particularly in East Anglia, the South West and Yorkshire & the Humber.Many agents also expect the sales boom to continue right up until the Christmas shutdown, says RICS, although fewer are certain that house prices will continue to rise in the longer term.Andy Soloman (left) of Yomdel, says: “Agents tell us triaging leads and prioritising next best steps are their main concern.“They’re even talking about not taking more instructions and concentrating on preventing chains breaking so deals go through.“But while pipelines are at record levels, the real challenge is not only closing existing transactions and keeping costs down, but also building new opportunities while planning for more uncertain times to come.”RICS says more estate agents are worried about the future, particularly after Boris Johnson this week predicting that social distancing rules will continue for another year.“There is increasing concern that the combination of significant job losses over the coming month allied to the scaling back of policy initiatives in early 2021 will have an adverse impact on transaction levels,” says Simon Rubinsohn (left), RICS Chief Economist.Also, letting agents have reported similar market buoyancy across the UK except in London, where the closure of thousands of offices has severely weakened demand among younger tenants for rented property. RICS Simon Rubinsohn Andy Soloman Yomdel October 8, 2020Nigel LewisWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles Letting agent fined £11,500 over unlicenced rent-to-rent HMO3rd May 2021 BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021
Busy Period for Spanish Fleet Replenishment Ship ‘Cantabria’ On September 20th, Spanish fleet replenishment ship ‘Cantabria’ returned to her home port in Garden Island after a collaboration period with the Australian frigate HMAS ‘Stuart’ and the New Zeeland frigate HMNZS ‘Te Mana’ in east Australian waters during the last three weeks.During this deployment, the ships carried out numerous activities. The ‘Cantabria’ collaborated with day and night replenishments at sea and participated in anti-air, anti-submarine and asymmetric warfare exercises, as well as many flight operations.On this occasion, the Spanish Navy ship embarked an Air Unit from the 723 RAN Squadron, made up of two AS350BA ‘Squirrel’ helicopters and a 26-strong contingent of RAN members.It is the first time a Royal Australian Navy (RAN) Air Unit embarks on a foreign warship. Their presence has allowed training and qualification of new 723 Squadron pilots. It has also been an opportunity for the ‘Cantabria’ to train in complex flight operations, as it was the first time the ship operated with two embarked helicopters.The ‘Cantabria’ set sail again on Tuesday to deploy in the multinational exercise ‘Triton Centenary 13’, prior to her participation in the ‘International Fleet Review’ to be held from the 4th to the 11th of October.[mappress]Press Release, September 27, 2013; Image: Spanish Navy Training & Education Back to overview,Home naval-today Busy Period for Spanish Fleet Replenishment Ship ‘Cantabria’ View post tag: Australia View post tag: Defense View post tag: busy View post tag: Spanish View post tag: Naval View post tag: News by topic View post tag: Replenishment View post tag: fleet View post tag: Cantabria View post tag: Navy View post tag: Period September 27, 2013 View post tag: ship View post tag: Defence Share this article
London-based artisan bakery Gail’s has announced plans to open a new shop in Queen’s Park, hot on the heels of its latest store opening in Clapham last month. The new outlet, Gail’s fifth, is due to open in November and will have its own unique interior, as with all other Gail’s shops.Co-general manager Emma King told British Baker that the company will be keeping many of the existing features of the building, such as some old tilework, and the design is planned to have a Moroccan feel to it. “We don’t want to be a cookie cutter-type brand. We try to make sure each store is very different,” said King. Gail’s sweet range has recently had an overhaul, with around a 90% change in what’s on the shelves compared to last month, she said. It is also currently trialling a range of products at Harvey Nichols. Its new Clapham shop has been open for around seven weeks and stocks a range of breads, produced at its parent company The Bread Factory, as well as cakes, pastries and sandwiches.
West Midlands bakery firm Firkins Foods has been bought out of administration by MD and sole director Ian Bolderston for the third time in three years, saving all 200 jobs.Bolderston called in the administrators on 11 November 2009 after the firm, which operates a bakery and 27 shops, came under pressure from utility creditors.Administrator Mark Bowen of MB Insolvency said the company, which will continue to trade as Firkins, “fell foul of non-contract rates”. When the business, formerly known as Firkins Bakery, was bought out of administration in November 2008, it failed to agree contract rates with two specific utility companies, said Bowen, who added that the bills were “significantly more than the company had provided for”. “Bolderston has bought the assets of the business,” explained Bowen. “The shops and bakery are leasehold properties so it is now up to him to enter into negotiations with the individual landlords to see whether they’re prepared to allow him to trade from those sites. I believe the majority of these approaches have been met positively.”Bolderston also saved the West Bromwich-based firm from administration in 2006.
Unemployment boost coming for out-of-work Hoosiers next week Pinterest By Jon Zimney – September 14, 2020 0 400 WhatsApp Pinterest CoronavirusIndianaLocalNews Facebook Facebook Google+ Another boost is coming for workers displaced by the pandemic.The Indiana Department of Workforce Development will begin making Lost Wages Assistance payments to eligible claimants beginning the week of Monday, Sept. 21.LWA is funded by the Federal Emergency Management Agency to provide $300 per week to supplement unemployment benefits for those who have an unemployment benefit amount of at least $100 and are out of work due to COVID-19.Funding will only cover the six-week period from the week ending Aug. 1 to the week ending Sept. 5. No funding will be available to states beyond that time period.Indiana will make payments the week of Sept. 21, covering the period of Aug. 1 to Sept. 5, for those eligible. For those claimants with issues holding payment, DWD will make payments, pending funding availability, once eligibility is established.Since March 8, DWD has paid a total of $4.9 billion to nearly 670,000 Hoosiers. Twitter Twitter (“Unemployment Office” by Bytemarks, CC BY 2.0) Google+ WhatsApp Previous articleNext chance to walk on Ball State graduation stage will be in springNext articleRep. Banks not surprised about violence toward police Jon ZimneyJon Zimney is the News and Programming Director for News/Talk 95.3 Michiana’s News Channel and host of the Fries With That podcast. Follow him on Twitter @jzimney.
(Photo Supplied/City of South Bend) The City of South Bend will launch a new utility billing software next week.The launch impacts all customers of the City’s utility services, such as water, sewer, trash pickup and storm water.The new portal will go live at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, January 19, and will include features like the ability to start and terminate service, access account information, make payments and view water usage.The website for the outgoing portal will no longer be available starting at 5 p.m. today.This is the City’s first implementation of a new billing system in more than 20 years.For more information, call 311 or email [email protected] new website can be found by visiting utilities.southbendin.gov. Pinterest Google+ Facebook Google+ South Bend to launch new utility billing service Tuesday Twitter WhatsApp WhatsApp TAGSbillingCity of South BendIndianaJanuary 19portalservicessoftwareSouth BendTuesdayutility Pinterest Twitter By Brooklyne Beatty – January 15, 2021 0 768 Previous articleCity of South Bend reminds property owners to clear walkways of snow, iceNext articleConstruction to begin on Dunlap, Cleveland EPL branches Wednesday Brooklyne Beatty IndianaLocalNewsSouth Bend Market Facebook
The scheme is funded by the Department of Health and Social Care’s Fleming Fund and was launched in September 2018. The Fleming Fund has committed £1.3 million in UK aid to support new or existing partnerships between NHS trusts and UK health institutions, and their counterparts across 4 African Commonwealth countries.Through these partnerships, multidisciplinary teams of pharmacists, doctors and specialist nurses will link with teams in partnered institutions and undertake projects of up to 15 months. These projects aim to improve AMS practices through raising awareness, improving protocols and developing tools that will reduce the spread and increase of antimicrobial resistance (AMR).DHSC is funding teams from across the UK with strong records in antimicrobial stewardship such as Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Trust and Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust. The project is also funding education and research institutions to support these partnerships, including Brighton and Sussex Medical School, the University of Manchester and Nottingham Trent University.The UK government published a 5-year action plan and 20-year vision for AMR earlier this year. The role of stewardship was highlighted as important in containing and controlling AMR by 2040, and the role of engaging the international audience and providing global guidance was noted as being essential.Through partnerships like those under the Fleming Fund, UK aid is helping bring improvements in healthcare to people across the continent and delivering global benefits. AMR is a global threat that does not respect borders – by tackling this threat abroad, the UK can better protect against resistance domestically.Professor Keith Ridge, England’s Chief Pharmaceutical Officer, said: The quality of all the proposals received was extremely high and the selected NHS teams will make a great impact working in partnership with teams on stewardship practices across Africa. The UK has a lot to share in antimicrobial stewardship and it’s encouraging to see such an interest in sharing learning between the NHS and the partner countries.
As they continue to celebrate their 25th anniversary, The String Cheese Incident has announced the latest round of 25th Anniversary Incidents.On Monday, SCI announced that they will celebrate Halloween with a three-night run at Austin, TX’s Stubb’s Waller Creek Amphitheatre on October 31st, November 1st, and 2nd. The following weekend, the band will head to Chicago, IL’s Auditorium Theatre on November 7th, 8th, and 9th.Next up for The String Cheese Incident is a performance at Cumberland, MD’s DelFest on May 24th, followed by a three-night run at The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY on May 25th, 26th, and 27th. SCI will then offer up back to back two-night runs over 4th of July weekend, with performances at Louisville, KY’s Iroquois Amphitheater on July 3rd and 4th, followed by a pair of shows at Atlanta, GA’s Fox Theatre on July 5th and 6th. The band will return to Dillon, CO’s recently-renovated Dillon Amphitheater for two nights on July 16th and 17th before making their way to Morrison, CO’s Red Rocks Amphitheatre for three shows on July 19th-21st. SCI will also make summer festival appearances at Electric Forest, The Peach Music Festival, and FloydFest.A special SCI pre-sale for the band’s Austin and Chicago runs begins this Wednesday, May 15th at 11 a.m. (MST) here (no codes will be required). Public on-sales will take place this Friday, May 17th through local venue outlets.For ticketing information and a full list of The String Cheese Incident’s upcoming tour dates, head to the band’s website.